Budgerigars have an elegant, slender body. They don’t like to be over-handled. The reason for this is that people seem to be afraid to fly because of the thought that they will harm themselves. All of them are genetically similar to each other, although their species are different, their extreme similarity is such that it is confusing to mind. For this reason, individuals who care for budgies should be very meticulous in this regard and predict the mood of the bird.
Birds are creatures that get sick very quickly. In cold weather, they die because they cannot come to dusty and cold environments in the places where renovations are made. Budgerigars should be clean and well-maintained in the best possible way. In bird care, you may need to know detailed information about why the budgerigar vomits and why it gets sick from your veterinarian.
The budgerigar is not taken care of by placing it in a cage and throwing food in front of it. They should be given the right to daily freedom, so they will be loaded with positive energy. First you need to understand the bird. At first, everything will not happen at once, but over time you will get used to your bird, the room will get used to you. In the future, it will recognize its owner and your bird’s fears will be over. Budgerigar vomiting When budgies get sick, vomiting develops as the first symptom.
He vomits everything he eats and drinks. With vomiting, a very heavy odor occurs, which is enough to disturb the bird. In such a situation, taking a warm bath is enough for the bird to get rid of the smell that permeates its body. The bird’s bath water should be just like the baby’s. Vomiting of the bird is usually a sign that it is sick, it should be taken seriously and the procedures for its treatment should be started as soon as possible, otherwise your bird will lose immunity and die.
Why Does the Budgie Blow Up?
There are more than one reason why the budgerigar swells, they can be listed as follows;
- When budgies sleep, they sleep fluffy with their head bowed, which indicates that the budgerigar is healthy.
- Another fluffing event happens when they are cold, it is possible to understand that the budgerigars are cold because they fluff their feathers. When you pay attention to the ambient temperature, you can understand whether it is cold or not.
- Another reason for budgerigars to swell may be courtship with the opposite sex. The budgie that has seen or heard the voice of the opposite sex budgie will fluff its feathers for attention. This is a sign that the budgie is not a health problem.
- One of the reasons why budgies swell is that they are sick. Budgerigars show fluffing their feathers as a sign of illness, in such a case the bird should be observed well, checked if it is sick, and veterinary help should be sought if necessary. Because budgerigars are sensitive in structure, they often get sick.
- Budgerigars may also fluff as a sign of nervousness. They do it in order to show their anger towards the other side. In such cases, there may be feather relief when it does not fit in with the other breed in the environment.
- Budgerigars fluff their feathers during the change of seasons. This is a temporary situation.
In addition, budgies show feather fluff during times of stress and fear. This situation will end when a peaceful environment is provided.
If the budgerigar cannot fly sluggishly and there is stagnation along with it, the movements of the bird should be followed carefully. Because this fatigue can be due to various reasons. Your bird may be suffering from depression. It is necessary to allow the bird to roam freely in the house. If your bird is not feeding well, it may be sluggish.
Diseases cause weakness in birds, giving full support to their nutrition and vitamin needs in order not to get sick will prevent your bird from becoming sluggish. Calcium deficiency can cause fatigue in birds. If there is weakness in birds, it will be beneficial for your bird to take them to the veterinarian.