Behaviors and Behavioral Disorders
Meaning of Body Language
The behavior and movements of parrots have some meanings. If you know what body language means, you will have an idea about your parrot and you will find solutions to problems in a short time. Below are the meanings of body language. By getting to know the parrotbetter over time, you can identify additional meanings with good observation.
1-) Body Language: She is snarling with her neck extended forward, her mouth open.
Meaning: I am afraid of you, people have treated me badly, I see you as a monster.
2-) Body Languages and Meanings:
- When he gets close to him, he flies away by flapping his wings,
- I’m terrified of you and I’m acting on my instincts.
- She screams looking at the glass,
- I miss my natural life and my friends.
- Perched on one leg, head between shoulders, slightly raised
- I’m tired. I want to sleep.
- Head back, under one wing,
- I’m sleeping.
- rubbing the beak back and forth on the perch,
- I am cleaning my face.
- Don’t wiggle the tail,
- I’m ready to do something.
- On two legs, head bowed, on trunk,
- I’m cleaning some hairs.
- Slightly widening the wings by rubbing the head back
- I’m getting ready to straighten my feathers with the beak.
3-) Body Language: Airing the feathers by raising the wings.
Meaning: I am balancing my body temperature.
4-) Body Language and Meanings:
- Do not step left and right in the perch,
- I’m really ready to learn something,
- Head tilted, wings slightly raised, feathers fluffy and bent forward,
- I trust you. I’ll let you scratch my head to tell you this.
- Quickly rubbing one foot on your head
- I’m scratching my head.
5-) Body Language: Head forward, extending one leg back with its wing in the same direction
Meaning: I’m stretching. I need to get out of the cage and exercise.
6-) Body Languages and Meanings:
- Mouth wide open, head forward as far as possible,
- I stretch and yawn.
- On the ground, she grabs the wire with her beak, clings to the floor wire with one foot, and scrapes the ground with the other.
- I want to go out.
- It hangs on the ceiling of the cage with its beak and feet, somersaulting.
7-) Body Language: Feathers are well swept over the body, eyes are bright, listening carefully
Meaning:There is danger, I am afraid.
😎 Body Language: Standing upright, watching you with full attention.
Meaning:The best time for me to learn something.
9-) Body Languages and Meanings:
- perched on two legs,
- I’m in a good position, everything is fine.
- Perch on one leg.
- I am relaxed.
10-) Body Language: The feathers are fluffy, the eyes are slightly squinted,
Meaning: I am relaxed, resting.